We hope that this message finds you and your loved ones safe and healthy. Thank you for providing your campus contact with the intended plans to retrieve your belongings from your room. The College has received permission to begin student move out provided that health and safety guidelines are followed by everyone. We appreciate your patience as you awaited information on the next steps with the move-out process.
Please review all information and the updated housing FAQs before scheduling an appointment.
In-person move out will begin on Friday, May 8, and conclude on Tuesday, May 26. The process will require confirmed appointments and that everyone follow special health and safety guidelines.
If you are able to return to campus during the move-out period:
- A limited number of move-out appointments will be allotted per day per building.
- Appointments are three hours long.
- Residents will sign up through MyHousing at least 48 hours in advance of appointment.
- Sign up will start on Wednesday, May 6.
- Everyone must wear a mask and gloves while inside buildings.
- No more than two adults can accompany a student to assist with move-out. Children and pets are not permitted.
- No overnight stays in College housing are permitted.
- Campus storage areas are not available. Storage of belongings with door-to-door pick-up and delivery services may be individually contracted through Dorm Room Movers. Contact the company at least 5 days prior to your move out appointment.
- Support Easton features an ample listing of curbside pick-up and delivery dining options, featuring many favorite restaurants near campus.
- The full list of health and safety guidelines must be followed by everyone.
If you are unable to come to campus during the move-out period:
- You may designate another person (e.g., your roommate, another Lafayette student, or family member) to remove your belongings by completing the move-out proxy form. Submission of this form is your authorization for the proxy to have access to your residence and personal items. Residence Life will contact your proxy to schedule the move-out appointment.
- You may use TSI, a moving company the College has partnered with, to pack and ship or store your belongings. This service includes Facetime video chat with the moving staff during the packing process. Contact the company directly to arrange for the specific services you need.
If you have already moved out and haven’t returned all College keys, please follow key return instructions.
Please be assured that in addition to managing the number of people on campus, we are taking extra precautions to keep the campus sanitized during this time. Your cooperation in following all move-out guidelines and instructions is essential and appreciated. Thank you!