As we have now completed our last full week of classes, I would like to commend you for taking the necessary steps to get us to this point. Please continue to take good care of yourself and your classmates.
- Five student positives and one employee case were found in testing over the past seven days. At least 80% of our on-campus students have some immunity by being fully or partially vaccinated or through natural immunity as a result of a COVID-19 infection, so we will remain at Operational Level 1.
- Outdoor activities remain very safe, and you do not need to wear a mask while outdoors on campus if you have been vaccinated. Take advantage of our beautiful campus to socialize with friends as the semester winds down.
- Looking for more reasons to get vaccinated? On Thursday, the CDC released updated guidance for fully vaccinated individuals, including no longer needing to wear a mask inside. The Pennsylvania Department of Health announced that it is following the CDC’s guidance. At this time, we will continue to require masks in academic and administrative buildings as we fully evaluate the guidance; however, fully vaccinated students can gather in their residence halls or apartments without masks.
- Weekly testing will end on Friday, May 28. Vaccinated individuals are highly encouraged to stop weekly testing.
- If you have been waiting to get vaccinated and are now finding your summer employment or travel plans hinge upon vaccination, consider getting your first dose through Lehigh Valley Health Network’s walk-in appointments or schedule through St. Luke’s or CVS. Guidance issued by the Governor’s Office indicates that other states will cooperate with the provision of second doses to college students who receive their first dose in Pennsylvania before returning home.
If you have questions, please contact me.
Vice President for Campus Life