We are nearing the end of classes, and I commend you for getting to this point in the semester. As we wrap up the remaining weeks together, let’s remember that spending time outdoors, weather permitting, is a great way to connect with others and get some nature in your life!
- Thirteen student positives and one employee case were found in testing over the past seven days. At least 77% of our on-campus students have some immunity by being fully or partially vaccinated or through natural immunity as a result of a COVID-19 infection, so we will remain at Operational Level 1.
- Remember, the CDC no longer recommends routine testing for vaccinated individuals. If you have received your vaccine there is no reason to continue testing. If you haven’t done so already, please submit a copy of your COVID-19 vaccination record to Bailey Health Center.
- COVID-19 vaccines remain readily available throughout the area. Governor Wolf announced earlier this week that even college students planning to travel home before receiving their second dose of vaccine should consider getting the first dose now.
- The winners of this week’s raffle are Ryan Berry ’22 and Olivia Newman ’22.
- Wondering what next year will look like on campus? Stay tuned for information before the end of the month. Remember that effective May 31, Pennsylvania will end all mitigation measures with the exception of masking, so our operations will begin to reflect this new phase in the pandemic. Students staying for summer will receive specific instructions. Know that a high prevalence of vaccinated individuals is what drives changes that return more pre-COVID-19 activities. Check out the CDC’s factsheet about the COVID-19 vaccine.
If you have questions, please contact me.
Vice President for Campus Life