The dates for most students to return to campus are right around the corner. Before you pack your bags and load the car, please double check that you have all you might need.
The spring semester will be different in many ways, including the amount of time you will spend in your room. Your room will be a remote classroom, study room, social space, relaxation location, and of course, the place for sleeping!
The items on our regular suggested packing list remain a good baseline for your shopping and packing, and some items may be even more important or useful this semester. To help you be prepared to live comfortably in your Lafayette home, we collected the following suggestions of what to bring for the spring semester from students who spent the fall semester living on campus:
- Several masks
- Box of disposable masks (in case the regular ones need washing)
- Small delicate-item laundry bag for washing masks
- Hand sanitizer (a large bottle and small one, on a clip, that can be attached to a backpack)
- Disinfectant wipes
- Lysol spray
- Cleaning products and paper towels
- Shower caddie (to carry your items back and forth from the bathroom)
- Set of dishes/utensils (or pack of disposable)
- Dish detergent
- Room decorations (remember, no candles or nails in the wall!)
- Throw rug
- Yoga mat
- Exercise equipment (e.g. small hand weights, exercise bands)
- Coloring book & markers
- Cold-weather gear (so you can spend time outside with friends, too!)
- Blanket/towel for sitting distanced on the Quad (once weather permits)
- Headphones or earbuds with a microphone (noise-canceling ones are best)
- Headset with a boom mic (one that adjusts to be near your mouth)
We are all looking forward to welcoming you to campus very soon.