What can I expect while isolating?
- Students will be required to move to isolation housing in College-owned facilities designated for this purpose.
- Three meals per day will be delivered, regardless of meal plan. Meals will be left in containers immediately outside the isolation hall. It is important to retrieve your meals soon after delivery to ensure food safety and to prevent small animals from accessing it (squirrels, for example, really enjoy human food).
- Students in isolation may move about their assigned floor freely, including kitchens and common spaces.
- Facilities Operations will collect trash from outside the building at 9 a.m. each morning. Someone on the floor will need to place trash outside for collection.
- Bailey Health Center will check in daily via phone call, and any symptoms and/or change in symptoms must be reported.
- Students should not leave their floor for any reason except when they are seeking necessary or emergency medical care or in case of an emergency.
- Students must receive official clearance from Bailey Health Center to end isolation.
Receiving test results
After each round of weekly surveillance testing, results will be emailed to students on a rolling basis. Test results can be posted at all hours. Any student who tests positive will receive phone calls from Bailey Health Center, a contact tracer, and Campus Life between 8:30 a.m. and 9 p.m. If a student’s test result comes back positive outside those hours, they should begin to self-isolate immediately and call Public Safety to be put in touch with the dean on call, who can assign them to isolation housing immediately.